Saturday, November 2, 2013

oh my apple pie!

   After dressing up and celebrating Halloween on October 26th, my actual Halloween night was spent going out to dinner, and then watching Hocus Pocus. To get in the spirit of things I also made mini apple pies! I threw apples and cinnamon sugar in the crockpot for a little while and I had some leftover dough from making supper the night before. Super easy and super cute (if I do say so myself)!


I hope you all had a spook-tacular Halloween!

-xox mae



mini apple pie
(should make 6)

filling
2-4 apples
2 tbsp cinnamon sugar

crust
2 cup flour
4 tsp. baking power
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk
1tbsp melted butter

Dice apples into small cubes (no need to peel).
Toss apples in crockpot with cinnamon sugar and turn on low for a couple hours (I kinda forgot about them till 4hrs later and they turned out fine).

Combine crust ingredients (except melted butter) in a bowl, roll into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 
After refrigerated roll the dough out and then cut into circles for the bottom pie crusts. 
Place circles into greased muffin tray then cut out desired shapes for the top crust (get creative!).

Preheat oven to 350°.
Fill the crusts with the apple filling and put desired dough shape on top. 
Brush melted butter on top.
Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crusts start to turn golden.
Cool for 5 minutes.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment